Question
I am making a recipe website and want to include a section for people with celiac/coeliac disease.
Which name would be best for the category?:
- Celiac
- Coeliac
- Gluten free
I know some countries call it celiac and some call it coeliac. I don't know if gluten free is the correct term (i.e. are there other things to think about other than gluten free food?).
Answer
I think "gluten free" is the clearest term. There are many conditions and reasons why someone might not eat gluten, celiac is only one of those reasons. Additionally, there are some complexities with celiac regarding other grains. Some people with celiac avoid oats and certain other grains while others view these as safe. In other words, defining what is safe for people with celiac is significantly more difficult that defining what doesn't contain gluten.
Check more discussion of this question.
No comments:
Post a Comment