Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to clean a clogged Misto oil sprayer/spritzer?

Question

I use a Misto oil spritzer. You fill it up with oil and pump it up and spray a pan with it.

It's gotten clogged up so that it just squirts a steady stream of oil (not a spray).

Any ideas how to clean it and keep it from clogging again?

I've tried:

  • Soaking it on wine
  • Soaking it in boiling water

I'm going to try filling the bottle with vinegar and water. I've also heard that you should use regular (not extra virgin) olive oil. (Extra Virgin is apparently thicker).

Asked by Clay Nichols

Answer

I generally clear my clogged misters / spray nozzles by unscrewing the spray part from the bottle and then submerging the uptake tube in very hot (but certainly not boiling!) water and then pumping as long as it takes to clear the clog out and start spraying a mist / spray pattern again. The hot water should be enough to break up the clogs, and the pump action should force the clog out.

Answered by Katey HW

No comments:

Post a Comment