Sunday, October 2, 2011

Which cooking apparatus is best to make Croque Monsieur?

Question

I'm looking for a small cooking apparatus that I can use to make Croque Monsieur. I've used this kind of device before but I don't know which words to use to google for it. Here's how I made a Croque Monsieur from the past:

  1. Place a slice of cheese and ham between two bread slices
  2. The sandwich is placed in between two grills which press against it like a jaw
  3. After a few minutes, parallel grilled marks are left on both sides of the sandwich

Think of the above machine as a closed book engulfing a sandwich. What's the English name of that machine and is it available in small size(my kitchen has limited space).

Answer

The device is called a "panini press" and they're available fairly small. I've seen ones which aren't much larger than a toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment