Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How to fry meat without spattering oil? [closed]

Question

Possible Duplicate:
Is there any way to avoid grease splatter?

Tonight I cooked dinner, which involved sausages for me, and chicken drumsticks for my partner. The sausages went great, then I proceeded to add some more oil and start the chicken.

This is where my pain started. Soon after, the juices from the meat started coming out and caused the oil to spatter all over my arm. I'm only guessing that this is the cause, but it did seem related. I'm now sporting some minor oil burns and wondering if there's any way to reduce the spattering caused by the juices in the meat when cooking this way, as we both enjoy the taste.

Answer

while the above suggestions would get rid of the oil splatter problem, they would also result in overcooked meat with a soggy exterior as all the water created during frying (for example, chicken releases a lot of juice) would remain in the pan and steam the meat instead of frying it. your best bet is to get something called a splatter screen. I've seen one at ikea, and at walmart, and I would assume kitchen supply stores would carry it too. a splatter screen is basically a fine metal mesh lid with a handle that fits over a variety of pans/pots and while it allows the steam to escape it also prevents the oil from splattering everywhere by catching in it the fine mesh. the best $10 you'll ever spend.

Answered by Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment