Monday, February 20, 2012

What can I do with ginger syrup?

Question

I got a bottle of (supposedly high quality) ginger syrup for Christmas. I've never seen or tasted it before, so I have no idea how to use it.
Since I like ginger, I considered just diluting it with water and drinking it. Or adding it to tea. Can it somehow be used for cooking or cocktails? I have tried searching, but my google-fu failed once again.

Asked by ver

Answer

Things you can combine it with:

  • smoothies
  • ice cream
  • pancakes
  • oatmeal
  • tea
  • hot almond milk
  • rhubarb pie
  • fruit salad
  • dumplings (you can use the syrup as a sauce)

You can make ginger ale with it (or put some in regular lemonade), or cocktails (e.g. Dark Ginger Daiquiri; Ginger Rogers; here's a short list of cocktails containing ginger syrup). You can make cookies with it (e. g. this).

Ginger syrup is basically ginger, water and sugar. So practically everything that goes with ginger, will go with ginger syrup.

Answered by Mien

No comments:

Post a Comment