Monday, February 20, 2012

What are some good tips or techniques for using a carbon steel wok on electric coil range?

Question

I was just given a carbon steel wok for christmas. I used it to cook my first stir-fry vegetable dish and I noticed on that the directions indicated to cook on a high flame. I was not sure if this translates to an electric range as turning on the electric burner on high. I am interested in any general knowledge or hints on the most effective use of a carbon steel wok on an electric coil range.

Asked by gangleclums

Answer

I am first of all assuming your carbon steel wok has a flat bottom. You want maximum contact.

If you're stir frying, you want to turn your heat as high as possible. The idea is to cook everything very, very quickly. Crank it all the way. :-)

Answered by talon8

No comments:

Post a Comment